In this lab you will learn how to install Verrazzano platform on a single Kubernetes cluster and deploy sample application using Verrazzano concepts.
Bob’s Books sample application consists of three main parts:
A back-end “order processing” application, which is a Java EE application with REST services and a very simple JSP UI, which stores data in a MySQL database. This application runs on WebLogic Server.
A front-end web store “Robert’s Books”, which is a general book seller. This is implemented as a Helidon microservice, which gets book data from Coherence, uses a Coherence cache store to persist data for the order manager, and has a React web UI.
A front-end web store “Bobby’s Books”, which is a specialty children’s book store. This is implemented as a Helidon microservice, which gets book data from a (different) Coherence cache store, interfaces directly with the order manager, and has a JSF web UI running on WebLogic Server.
Estimated Lab Time: 90 minutes
- Setup the Kubernetes Environment
- Install and explore the Verrazzano platform
- Deploy Bob’s Books sample application
- Modify and redeploy application component
Lab Introduction Video
Verrazzano Lab Introduction Video
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in the Verrazzano platform
- Anyone interested to learn about application development
- Basic cloud familiarity
Having an issue with the lab? Have an idea on how it could be made better? Want to tell us how awesome the lab is? Click the icon below to contact the team and let us know your feedback.
- July 2021 - Initial version
- Jan 2022 - Updated for new OSPA standards