In this lab you will learn how to write Java microservices application using Helidon .
This lab covers both programming models:
- Helidon SE reactive and
- Helidon MicroProfile (MP) APIs.
Using Eclipse you will build and configure a Helidon SE application and a Helidon MP application.
Estimated Lab Time: 120 minutes
- Use the config component Java API to load and process configuration properties from various sources
- How to creating custom metrics and use Prometheus to monitor those metrics
- How to implement applications health checks and to expose health statuses
- How to call services within your application
- How Helidon support tracing through the OpenTracing APIs and the Zipkin tracer
- How to modify the application to support fault tolerance better
- Using Helidon to serve static content such as web pages
- Anyone interested in application development (AppDev)
- Basic Java software development knowledge
Having an issue with the lab? Have an idea on how it could be made better? Want to tell us how awesome the lab is? Click the icon below to contact the team and let us know your feedback.
- July 2021 - Initial version
- Jan 2022 - Updated for new OSPA standards