During these labs we will be using the latest WebLogic Server console that runs outside of the context of the Admin Server. It will run on the desktop of the Administrator. It is called WebLogic Remote Console and it is a lightweight, open-source console that you can use to manage your WebLogic Server domain running anywhere, such as on a physical or virtual machine, in a container, Kubernetes, or in the Oracle Cloud. The Remote Console does not need to be co-located with the WebLogic Server domain.
You can install and run the Remote Console anywhere, and connect to your domain using WebLogic REST APIs. You simply launch the desktop application and connect to the Administration Server of your domain. Or, you can start the console server, launch the console in a browser and then connect to the Administration Server.
The Remote Console is fully supported with WebLogic Server 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 14.1.1.
Estimated Lab Time: 90 minutes
Upon completion of this Lab you will be able to:
- Configure WebLogic Server instances
- Configure WebLogic Server services, such as database connectivity (JDBC), and messaging (JMS)
- Deploy and Un-deploy applications
- Start and stop servers and applications
- Monitor server and application performance
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in Weblogic
- Anyone interested in learning about application development (AppDev).
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Having an issue with the lab? Have an idea on how it could be made better? Want to tell us how awesome the lab is? Click the icon below to contact the team and let us know your feedback.
- Jun 2021 - Initial version
- Jan 2022 - Updated for new OSPA standards