This lab shows you how to deploy and run a WebLogic domain container-packaged web application on a Kubernetes cluster using Oracle WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator 3.0.0 (the "operator"). The sample web application is a simple JSP page that shows WebLogic Server domain MBean attributes to demonstrate operator features.
Estimated Lab Time: 90 minutes
- Set up an Oracle Kubernetes Engine instance on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Install the WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator
- Install a Traefik software load balancer
- Deploy a WebLogic domain
- Scale a WebLogic cluster
- Update a deployed application by a rolling restart of the new image
- Assign WebLogic pods to nodes (a scenario simulating a cluster spanning 2 data centers)]
This lab is intended for:
- Anyone interested in OCI, Kubernetes, and Weblogic
- Anyone interested to learn about application development (AppDev)
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 11.
Having an issue with the lab? Have an idea on how it could be made better? Want to tell us how awesome the lab is? Click the icon below to contact the team and let us know your feedback.
- May 2021 - Initial version
- Jan 2022 - Updated for new OSPA standards